2006-07-03

Pinball Contest

Hiya everyone...

This past Saturday, Nancy and I went to the Big 105.9 appearance at the Harley place on Federal, South of Oakland.  They had the Tommy pinball game, and were drawing random names to play.  I registered at the last minute, and was the last person of the 10 to be picked to play.

I ended up winning (thanks of course to decades of instruction from my Dad), scoring a DVD Box Set of of The Who's Tommy and Quadrophenia Live, $100, and entry into the finals (probably some time in September).
Check out the contest details on the Big 105.9 website, here:
http://tinyurl.com/fty7l


Sooooo...  does anyone know of a place that has a Tommy pinball machine, where I could get some practice?  We've already checked Gameworks at Sawgrass, Dave & Buster's, Boomer's in Dania (Grand Prix), and Boomer's in Boca (by the airport).  Other places that I would think to check would be arcades (are there any even around anymore?), bars, movie theaters, malls, bowling alleys, etc.  If anyone has seen one of these pinball machines first-hand, or if anyone discovers one, could you email me back and let me know?  I'll update my website if someone locates one.

Thanks!
-pete
www.wojtowicz.org

No comments: